The ancient race of the Cian is suddenly faced with its greatest threat...Arthur Moore. A war is coming and a choice must be made...for the beauty of the night, or the greed of humanity?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Becoming a Family

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

Location : Hunting you through the shadows of your darkest desires.

PostSubject: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Davina looked down at the bundle in her arms, she was in were form and so the bundle was rather small. But he was safe against her chest as her and Alex made their way through the forest.

She turned to Alex then, Do you think he is comfortable enough? Or do you think he wants more to eat?

It seemed she was always asking questions, at least the past two days when they had taken little Talon in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forsaken-night.darkbb.com
Alexander Meska
Ancient

Location : In between the realm of light and dark, life and death.

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Alex looked over at her and at little Talon with a chuckle.

I think he is comfortable, dearest. Besides, we do have a ways to go still.

He could only chuckle lightly, if Davina wasn't fretting over Talon or Midnight trying to play with him, it was Alex making sure that Talon didn't get into too much trouble. He looked back and saw that Midnight was bounding after them as they made their way through the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Davina sighed and then nodded picking up her pace. They did have a ways to go, they were taking him to Mera's home deep in the forest where Mera and Kael were awaiting their arrival. Though he was not blood Davina and Alex had adopted him and so he was theirs, which meant Mera and Kael's first grandchild.

After about a two hour run they finally made it. If they had been able to run fully it would have been sooner, but Davina would not do anything to possibly harm her child. She shifted then to human form as they reached the two story rather large stone cottage.

A fenced garden was all around the cottage in the glen and the the lake was near by. It was a perfect spot and Mera loved it. She never had to worry not only was she royalty and an ancient but Kael's pack protected this land.

Mera came walking out of the cottage and took the baby at once. "Oh he is darling!" She exclaimed.

Kael came out then waring a white t-shit and blue jeans with a pair of boots. He looked down at the bundle cooing and up at Mera and he smiled. "He is a fine lad."

Davina took him back from them both. "Yes he is."

Mera grabbed him back. "We are his grandparents, we aren't going to hurt him so put your hackles down."

Davina started to protest but Kael looked at her and she fell into silence sighing. "Point taken."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:15 pm

He chuckled as he made his way over, already shifted back to his human form.

"She's been like this ever since we adopted him. Sometimes I begin to wonder if she's got part bear in her."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Davina and Kael both snorted at the same time. "A bear has nothing on a she-wolf and her pups." Davina said.

Kael nodded, "This is true, I have known Bear women to leave behind their cub if they thought they could live another day. But a wolf will die first."

Davina then followed her mother into the garden where a table was set up for a nice lunch with fresh brewed sun tea. Her mother waved a hand and a cradle appeared near her chair should it be needed, complete with a shaded cover made of leaves.

"Now you named him Talon and that is all fine...but shall he carry the name St.Clair or Meska?" She asked as she sat down.

Davina took a seat and groaned. "Mother I just gave you a grandson, can't the other things wait? And besides we are mated we are husband and wife."

Mera shook her head. "But everything must come through with paper for the human's sake. It is how we survive so long without them knowing it."

Davina shook her head. "You just want to plan a wedding."

Mera acted innocent, "Whatever are you talking about?"

Davina raised one brow. "Not this time Mother. You want to plan the wedding and you know it."

"All right we will have here in my glen, I can arrange for all the decorations and there is plenty of room for your pack and your father's and of course for Spike and Donna."

She had never met them, but she knew all about them. Davina was left shaking her head before she turned to Alex. "Guess we are getting married."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:42 pm

He could only chuckle as he looked over at Davina, "Well, we both knew we wouldn't be able to put it off for long." He smiled softly, even though in his mind, he was feeling a bit of sadness because of it, though Davina would know the reason why.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:51 pm

She took his hand, knowing this could not be easy for him. Her family here and his gone to the life after. But they were watching over him, surely he knew that? She nodded, "I suppose you are right love but lets just enjoy the rest of today."

Mera nodded and poured the raspberry tea she had brew in the sun just that morning. "You look tired dear." She said.

Davina smiled, "Of course we have a baby now remember?"

"No, I am not talking sleep. You have been using much of your powers lately and are not letting yourself regain your strength. What have I taught you?"

Davina took a drink. "That I must let myself sit and become one with Gaia often to absorb her magic and make it my own."

"Exactly. Otherwise you will exhaust yourself and will fall into a deep sleep for quite some time." Mera said.

"I know."

"And you are not feeding regularly but are shifting a lot." Her father threw in.

Davina winced, she had just given Alex this same speech the other night and knew what would come of him finding out she was not listening to her own advice.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:20 pm

He smiled as he squeezed her hand as he felt her comfort. When he heard that she wasn't feeding, he sent a glance at Davina. She went on about him not feeding and yet she hasn't. He sent a thought to her telling her she is in trouble when they leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Kael caught the look and laughed. "Telling others what to do and not doing the same again Vina?" He asked.

Davina stuck her tongue out at him which made him laugh even more. "I have been too busy lately."

"Which is another thing I have been meaning to talk to you about." Mera cut in. "You cannot be running around in some rebel group against Moore, especially when you are a mother now."

Davina's eyes fell on Talon and her anger at what she had seen that man do and even how Talon had come to be rose. "If anything that is exactly why I will continue. Some one has to bring that man down and I have reasons to now, my own and those shared with others." Again she squeezed Alex's hand and thought about Spike and Donna and even more recently Blaze.

"Let someone else do it." Mera said.

"Nay. I will not. But if others wish to join we will welcome them, it is time we stop hiding in fear and rise up and take the threat to our kind out."

Kael rested a hand on Mera's arm and shook his head. "Never going to work my dear. She has your spirit and she has my will."

Mera sighed. "Very well then, but do remember to feed and rest every now and again then?"

Davina smiled at her father and nodded. "I will."

That was when Davina was reminded of something. "Where is Midnight love?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:49 pm

He chuckled lightly before pointing into the woods straight ahead of them. A black tail can be easily seen coming out from behind a tree, "I think he still doesn't like being around your father. He is a cat afterall."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Kael snorted. "Well my pack is out there, at least in here he is safe."

"Dad, your pack won't hurt an animal so don't go there." Davina turned then to the baby that was fusing and she grabbed him from her mother and lifted up her shirt to feed him. She cradled him to her as she began to rock back and forth smiling down at him.

He was not her blood, but the she-wolf was taking over more and more and she could not help but love him. He stared up at her, eyes exactly like Alex's now under thick black hair, one tuby little fist kneading the breast he suckled on.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:28 pm

He smiled as he leaned back in his seat. Alex knew the real reason for why Midnight wasn't with them and it wasn't Davina's father that was the cause of it. There was something that Midnight had found earlier and was going to look for it soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Davina caught his a touch of his thoughts and gave him a look that said he would explain later. Finally the baby fell asleep in her arms and she laid him in the cradle and then sat back down. "So enough about my life what have my parents been up to?"

Both shrugged.

"Yeah and you to go on about me getting out." She said.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:43 pm

He laughed at that, "Surely there is something that has been going on with you two?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:00 pm

"Nope, I tend to my flowers and and work on my potions that Davina sells in the city." Mera replied.

"And my pack and I run the forest making sure it stays safe." Kael said.

Davina nodded at Alex, "This is what they do. Has been since the days of sword ended. We all kind of got lost at what to do with ourselves. I took up clubbing and so bought some and now I am a biker gang leader slash rebel."

She shrugged. "This is our life."

Mera nodded but then looked at Davina, "I have been meaning to ask, where did you get the necklace?"

Davina reached up and at once felt the cool of the ice. "Alex gave it to me." She replied leaving out how she had gotten it.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:41 pm

He nodded, "My father showed me how to make jewelry like that. It was one of his things and he wanted to me to be able to do it too." He said as he sipped some of the tea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Mera nodded, "It is very talented. You should sell it in Davina's and Mine shop. It would be a hit." She said.

Davina nodded, "They would go well. I hadn't thought about that." She said as she smiled at him. "But what do we say about it always being cold?"

Mera thought about it. "Well I have an easy charm that will make it appear warm to those of human blood."

"Perfect then, what do you say Alex?" She asked him.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Meska
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Alex closed his eyes for a few minutes as he thought about it. He opened his eyes and nodded, "Alright. I don't see any problem with doing so."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davina St.Clair
Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Davina hugged him. "This is great love!" She kissed him softly. "People are going to love them, and it gives you something to do besides watching over me and Talon all the time." She said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becoming a Family   

Back to top Go down

Becoming a Family
Page 1 of 1